Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 8 forum

TOPIC 1:

1) I think the single most-important technological change in the history of photojournalism is starting to use digital prints  instead of the traditional black-and-white prints. Digital prints have great crisp detail and resolution and good qualities. Darkrooms don't have nearly the same degree of control as the digital.

2) In my opinion, the photographer I believe stands above all others in history of photojournalism is 'Dorothea Lange' . She is a photojournalist known for her images of the workers and those most affected by the depression. Her iconic image 'Migrant Mother' was taken in 1936 at migrant farm workers camp, and it's my fav.


Migrant Mother by Dorothea Lange.


TOPIC 2:

I'm not really sure, but I'm thinking to do "A Day of an International Student". I might go to INTO OSU and take photos and notes of my subject during his day at school. The kind of photos I have in my mind are, a shot of the class and the students in it as an overview, the student doing his/her assignment as a medium, and a closeup of his/her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment